Monday, August 23, 2010

What do I do when I have a strange pattern of skin on my mid-drift?

Alright. A few years ago I noticed I had a strange pattern of skin on my mid-drift and on my "love-handle" area. I've heard from my mom she had the exact same thing when she was young and that HER mom scrubbed VERY hard and it came off. ...It's SLOWLY coming off, and it's been 2 years basically. What should I do?





I heard there's this thing called a Greek Bath- but isn't that a kind of service you get when you go to a church to, theoretically, rid the person of all bad things and sins?





Anyway. My skin pattern looks like vague blotches kind of like a very small cow, if you know what I mean. It's like I put a strange chiffon material over certain sections of my mid-drift when I was tanning. Part of the blotches are a lighter shade and the other part a tanned shade. It's really bothering me and it's starting to move on different sections of my legs and back- THIS MUST STOP!





I'll be so glad to get a very thorough response. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCED!!!

What do I do when I have a strange pattern of skin on my mid-drift?
Like this?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versi...





you get it from tanning/the sun.





i have the same thing like in the middle of my stomach %26amp; i hate it.


you can get rid of by using dandruff shampoos with ketoconazole. [nizoral]
Reply:Most likely you have tinea versicolor. I have the same thing as you're describing. It's not as noticeable now in the cooler months since I'm not as tan. My doctor told me to use an over-the-counter antifungal cream, such as Lamisil. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan too as my skin is actually getting a little itchy now. It's not contagious and it's completely harmless...more of a nuisance than anything. It's actually very common and usually caused from sweating. But you can't just scrub it away:)

shell flower

No comments:

Post a Comment