Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My dog has a skin tag? What causes them? What do you do for them?

My dog is 2 now....she has recently aquired a skin tag on the outside of her ear. What causes them? Is there anything you can do to make them go away? Do they hurt the dog at all? Will it always be there? Is it normal for a dog to get them so young. My boyfriends mom said it was a skin tag...her dog has lots of them so she knows what they are...I don't explain them to me someone.

My dog has a skin tag? What causes them? What do you do for them?
My old cat had 2 skin tags under his arms and they don't hurt at all, lol I should know I have a little freckle sized one on my arm.





Skin tags are small, soft, flesh-colored growths that protrude from your skin. Because they are composed entirely of skin tissue, they are benign -- and certain to stay that way.





The tags may be flat, slightly elevated or stick out from the skin -- connected by stalks. They may grow over time and tend not to go away. Unlike a pimple, where inflamed tissue evokes an immune response and consequent repair, a skin tag signals no distress to the body simply because it is skin. Similarly, a skin tag is painless, unless it becomes irritated by the rubbing of clothing, cloth, ect.





I hope that this answers your question!





♥Abbey

hydrangeas

No comments:

Post a Comment